Thinking of getting a pet, but you can't decide if you want a dog or a cat? Well, this article is here to help. But before you decide if you want a cat or a dog, you should visit a cat vet clinic near you or a dog clinic, and ask for the usual expenses for taking care of a pet, and if you are not able to afford that, do not get a pet.
Do you consider yourself to be excited about life, easy going and extrovert, or are you more on the solitary side, and a bit aloof and quiet? There is a huge chance that your personality will be able to tell you if you should get a dog or a cat, since dogs tend to be excited about everything, always up for playing while cats just enjoy being cats.
Pros and cons of having a cat
- Cats are very easy to maintain as all they need is a food and water bowl, a litter box and toys if they are indoors and that is that.
- Cats are independent pets, and that means you can't tie them to your yard only. They love to explore and they do not need not be walked every day.
- Cats clean themselves, and you do not need to worry about that. Unless you are keeping your cat indoors, bathing a cat is not necessary.
- Cats tend to be lazy, some more than others, so if your cat sleeps the whole day, that is normal.
- Cats are naturally litter box trained, and they do not need to be walked at 5 am to go to the toilet.
Cats lead a rather 'chill' lifestyle
- Cats are usually standoffish, which means that they love to go places other than home.
- Cats have sharp nails, and if you keep them indoors you will get your furniture scratched.
- Cats are not fans of traveling, so if you are going on a trip, you will need somebody to feed your cat.
- Cats can cause allergies as their fur and saliva are known to be one of the biggest culprits of many allergies.
Pros and cons of having a dog
- Dogs are people pleasers, which means they will do anything to make you happy.
- Dogs are social, which means that they love to spend time with you and go together on a vacation.
- Dogs are known to promote a healthier life style, as they will always keep you on your feet.
- Dogs are simply fun to be around. They love to play and follow you anywhere you go!
- Dogs are known to be some of the most loyal pets out there, and you can always trust your dog.
Dogs love to run around and play
- Dogs are high in maintenance.
- Dogs depend on you, and owning a dog is like having a toddler at all times.
- Dogs are known to chew a lot of things, so be careful what they can reach.
- Dogs need exercise and just running around a yard is not enough. Daily walks are necessary.
Before you even decide if you want a cat or a dog, take a look at yourself and your lifestyle. Do you want to just chill all day in your bed with a companion or you want to run around and go on adventures? Either way, you also need to make sure you can afford a good vet such as Ku Ring Gai vet like Gordon Vet for you to make sure they are healthy.